Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22 (Day 5) - Lance Creek to Neel Gap

I set out with a quick step, this morning.  It was rumored that there was limited lodging at Neel Gap, and I wanted to be certain that Wrong Way and I had a place to sleep.  Ironically, even though I was one of the first to arrive at Mountain Crossing, the outfitter at Neel Gap, everyone passed and went directly to the cabins.  Even Wrong Way went directly to the cabins, and I was left waiting.

Fortunately, the other hikers sent for me and had space in one of the cabins.  I stayed the night in the Wild Boar Cabin at Blood Mountain Cabins, where I also met Jessica and Jay.  Wrong Way, Jessica, Jay, and I had a fabulous time, talking, dancing, and simply acting silly.

I would like to thank Brandon Stone (aka Underpants) for organizing the lodging and, though it may have been unintentional, putting the four of us together.

During the course of the night, Jessica earned the trail name of Hammy, and I was dubbed Storytime.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment