Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July 2 (Day 102) - Jim and Molly Denton Shelter to Rod Hallow Shelter

Early this morning, I hiked out with every intention of doing a 30+ mile day; I wanted to camp close to the Virginia/West Virginia state line, so I could attempt the four state challenge, tomorrow.  Things did not work out quite as planned.

I'd already hiked 15 miles by midday, when Sweet Cheeks sent me a text.  Apparently, she wanted to hike with me and asked that I wait for her.  I sat at Ashby Gap, conversing with Crank, and giving Sweet Cheeks time to catch up.

No longer wishing to sit on a median and watch traffic, I finally hiked a few more miles to Rod Hallow Shelter and made camp.  Sweet Cheeks met me there, and I had a hot dinner already prepared.  We enjoyed the meal and a campfire, before retiring for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment