Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12 (Day 26) - Double Spring Gap Shelter to Clingman's Dome


Today, we ceased hiking the Appalachian Trail and began hiking the Appalachian Stream.  Runoff from the mountain turned just about every part of the trail into a flowing deluge.  Hammy and I hiked about three miles to the Clingman's Dome parking area, where we met Simone.

Simone gave us some supplies that we had left with her and drove us into Gatlinburg.  We secured a room at the Grand Prix Motel, and shortly thereafter, Packrat rejoined us.  The three of us ventured to Shoney's and gorged ourselves on the all-you-can-eat buffet.

With regard to my pack malfunctions, I did call Arc'teryx, today.  The representative was sympathetic to my plight and agreed to send a new pack to my drop location in Hot Springs.  I'm pumped that I'll have a new, functional pack in one week's time.





1 comment:

  1. Another one of my favorite photos. You look happy and peaceful. Good to see.And what a view.

    ReplyDelete