Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24 (Day 38) - Hot Springs

I'm not certain of what to call today, whether it was a nero or a zero.  After arriving in Hot Springs at 10:30 AM, I encountered Noodles at the Hiker's Ridge Ministries Center.  He helped give me a lay of the land.

I hobbled to Iron Horse Station, a hotel and restaurant in the middle of town, and secured a room for the night.  Then, I ventured to Bluff Mountain Outfitters to retrieve my packages.  My new pack from Arc'teryx hadn't arrived but was slated to be delivered sometime in the afternoon via UPS.

Noodles and I grabbed burgers (which were scrumptious) at the local diner.  Soon thereafter, I volunteered to do the laundry and made periodic trips to the nearby laundromat.  Otherwise, we relaxed in the common area of Iron Horse Station and enjoyed cold beers.

Later in the evening, Hawaii joined us, and the three of us slept the night in my hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment