Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26 (Day 40) - Hot Springs to Little Laurel Shelter

This morning, I decided to enjoy one last hot meal, before leaving the comfort of town.  At the market/diner near the campground, I ordered a Southwestern omelette and ate at a leisurely pace.  I love the trail, but I seem to be developing an insatiable appetite.

Along the trail, I played leapfrog, so to speak, with Crashua and Jackalope.  It was a fun little game, and it kept the hike interesting.  And, further down the trail, I passed Ducky and Alaska, stopping for a moment to converse.  We all stopped at Spring Mountain Shelter to eat and met up with Dark Age, Smalls, Nomad, and Mountain Man, who were already there.  I also met a section hiker by the name of YOLO, who asked if he could travel with me for a while.

Crashua, Jackalope, YOLO and I outpaced the others and made it to Little Laurel Shelter, shortly after dark.  We made camp for the night, and I spent time talking to my brother, Dan, on the phone...feeling a bit homesick.





No comments:

Post a Comment