Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14 (Day 28) - Zero Day in Gatlinburg, TN

Today, we came to the realization that alcohol the night before tends to lead to a zero day.  It's not that we were hungover; it's more that we hadn't completed our intended goals from yesterday.  Hammy and I both struggle in keeping our blogs updated.  Battery life and scant service are problematic, but more than anything, we just don't feel like writing after a long day of hiking.  At day's end, we're usually exhausted from hiking and ready to collapse into our sleeping bags after setting up camp and eating dinner.

I realize that we need to accelerate our pace at some point, and the numerous zero days weigh heavily upon our budget.  However, I was grateful for today's opportunity to soak in a hot bath, tend my blisters, and catch up on my blogging.

The photo for today is one of my gear, exploded out of my bag on the floor.  Hikers affectionately term this a "hiker bomb."

No comments:

Post a Comment