Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 18 (Day 92) - Zero Day in Waynesboro, VA

After several hours of restful sleep at the Super 8, I decided to take a zero day, catch up on my blogging, do laundry, and maintain my gear.  I secured the room for another night.  Then, I texted Stretch and Siren to let them know that they could stay with me when they arrived in town.

Shortly thereafter, I received a call from Stretch; she said that a trail angel and former thru-hiker was opening his home to us for the night.  Unfortunately, I'd already paid for the room and told her that I would be staying at the Super 8.

A short time later, Stretch arrived at my room, using keywords (as instructed by Siren) like jacuzzi, beer, and pizza.  I asked the proprietor if I could pay for the few hours past checkout and receive a refund for the room.  Alas, he was less than agreeable.

Odie made quite a scene with the proprietor, stating that he was going to call the corporate offices, but Stretch smoothed things over and begged for a refund.  When all was said and done, I received a refund, paying only for the three hours that I was in the room past checkout time.

We ventured with Sharkey, the trail angel and former thru-hiker, to Walmart, securing supplies for the evening.  I purchased the makings for some amazing French toast, and the others purchased pizza, snacks, and libations.

Back at Sharkey's abode, we took showers, laundered our clothes, and ate pizza.  We sat around talking and listening to music.  And, we ended the night drinking our beverages in the comfort of the jacuzzi.

No comments:

Post a Comment