Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 20 (Day 94) - Waynesboro, VA to Random Campsite

This morning, I was the last to rise, an odd occurrence.  We broke camp and rode with Miss Janet to a diner called Weasie's.  Then, after a hearty breakfast, we all headed to the outfitter.

Uncle Buck and Stretch prepared their kayaks and left our company at the outfitter, as they were headed to aqua-blaze Shenandoah.  It was difficult to see Stretch leaving the group; I've grown quite fond of her company.  Less the two, Miss Janet drove the rest of us to the trailhead, where we began hiking.

As the day progressed, I fell behind Siren, Odie, and Jungle Jim.  My ankle and arch were sore, and I didn't want to risk further injury.  Roughly eight miles from the trailhead, I came upon a suitable campsite and stopped for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment