Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4 (Day 78) - Catawba Mountain Shelter to Daleville, VA

Indigo and I hiked together for much of the day, visiting McAfee's Knob and the Tinker Cliffs.  She, however, stopped at Lamberts Meadow Shelter, instead of pushing into Daleville; she wanted to give Cozy an opportunity to catch up with her.  We said our goodbyes and I hiked onward to town.

As I approached town, I turned on my phone to check my messages, and Stretch messaged me on Facebook.  She said that she was in Daleville and that she had an extra bed in her hotel room.  Sufficed to say, my pace quickened, and I made good time to town.

After getting settled in the hotel room, Stretch and I went to a Mexican restaurant across the road.  We filled our bellies, caroused, and swapped stories of the trail.

(Stretch started the trail on March 20th, shortly after I had begun the trail, and she was in that first bubble of hikers with which I traveled up to Neel Gap.  In addition, I was sitting in the hot tub at the Holiday Inn Express in Hiawassee, GA when she received her trail name.)





No comments:

Post a Comment