Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14 (Day 58) - Fox Creek Campground to Trimpi Shelter

We set out from Fox Creek Campground rather early, reaching the trail around 9:30 AM.  Vitamin C, Berkeley, and Honey Badger took an alternate route, bypassing several miles of the A.T., but Spam and I stuck to white blazes.  At Route 16, we hitched to stores.  I went to a small country store past Troutdale, while the other four headed to one closer to Marion.  I purchased some supplies and gorged myself on a pulled-pork sandwich, a bacon double cheeseburger, and a Reuben, before hitching back to the trail.

I hiked as far as Trimpi Shelter, and though it was early in the day, I decided to make camp.  I built a massive fire and soon was joined by Spam, Vitamin C, Honey Badger, and Berkeley.  In addition, Sisco Kid, Fancy Feet, Dorothy, Indian, Stinkbug, Honeybun, and Shaggy joined us.  Everyone sat around the fire, toasting marshmallows and hotdogs, preparing their individual dinners, and conversing late into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment