Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 19 (Day 63) - Massanutten, VA

I made arrangements for my father to pick me up around noon, and I headed to Cowboys for some breakfast.  On my way back to the Lazy Fox Inn, I happened upon Stretch and Siren, who were on their way to get breakfast, so I joined them for second breakfast.  Then, I stopped at Dairy King to get a milkshake and say goodbye to other hikers.  Finally, I joined Spam at Mojoe's for coffee and to say goodbye, as he was headed home.

Four "breakfasts" later, I sewed up my gear just as it began to downpour and sat in the gazebo of the Lazy Fox Inn, awaiting my father's arrival.  Shortly after noon, I departed with him, and we drove several hours to Massanutten.  I spent the night soaking in a jacuzzi and drinking my favorite beer, Hoegaarden.


No comments:

Post a Comment