Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26 (Day 70) - Davis Farm Campsite to Helveys Mill Shelter

I don't know if the morning view was worth the trouble I experienced in making camp at this location, but it was picturesque.  I broke camp early and started hiking, aiming to do another 20+ mile day.  Though, I still felt a bit sluggish and homesick.  I dearly miss Christian and Adrianna, late nights watching Game of Thrones or Shameless with Dan and Jojo, and video games or the gym with Matt.

Just outside of Bland, VA, I met another hiker by the name of Gnar McKnee.  We hitched a ride into town together devoured Subway subs.  Then, we each packed out an extra sub for dinner.  After a quick resupply at Dollar General, we hitched a ride back to the trail.

At Helveys Mill Shelter, we made camp and started a fire.  McKnee, Sprouts, Achilles, Sawgrass, and I shared a fire and conversation, while toasting marshmallows that I'd picked up from Dollar General.



No comments:

Post a Comment