Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25 (Day 69) - Random Campsite to Davis Farm Campsite

I hiked well past sundown, attempting to find water, and came upon a sign for the Davis Farm Campsite.  Previous hikers had scrawled warnings upon the sign, stating that the water source was unreliable and that the path was overgrown with stinging nettle.  However, the alternative of hiking several more miles in the dark did not seem altogether attractive, so I made my way down the half mile side trail.

It was, indeed, overgrown with stinging nettle.  And, after being stung a couple times through my base layer, I decided to do some trail maintenance of my own, "mowing" the areas adjacent to the trail with my trekking pole.  Exhausted, I reached a tent pad with a small fire ring.  I set up my tent and wandered further down the slope to find water.  Thankful for small blessings, the source was viable due to the recent rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment