Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29 (Day 73) - Nero to Pearisburg, VA

I awoke to a view of the forest canopy above me, since I'd left off the rain fly for my tent.  McKnee and I sewed up our gear and hiked out early, anxious to get into Pearisburg, VA.  Though, McKnee may have been a little more motivated, as his family was meeting him, and he raced off ahead of me.  I took my time, enjoying the views and leapfrogging with Cozy and Indigo (and her dog, Bailey).

Once in town, McKnee and I ate at Dairy Queen.  I was ravenous and downed two Flamethrower burgers, two orders of fries, three Mountain Dews, and a mango/pineapple smoothie.  I know, I know...I've turned into a gluttonous pig.

The massive intake of calories made me a bit lethargic, so I secured a room at the Holiday Motor Lodge for the night.  Then, Gilgamesh, Little Bear, Beer Goddess, Fast Times, and I went to a Mexican restaurant for a little food and carousing.






No comments:

Post a Comment